Hey! Thanks for stopping by my personal digital diary.
If I was to describe myself in a nutshell, to those of you who don’t know me; I’m basically a sales & marketing professional with a background in finance and the DNA of an entrepreneur.
At 26 years old, I became the youngest Vice President at the Toronto Stock Exchange – based out of Chicago helping U.S. companies in the Midwest go public in Canada. Previous to joining the TSX, I lead the marketing & business development for a growing financial technology startup, owl.co and before that led the business development for Canada’s #1 mid-market technology M&A firm called Sampford Advisors.
By day, I works with entrepreneurs, and by night I try and become one myself. Here are some of the things I’ve been up to:
• Co-Founder & CEO at BookBack – an app for students to trade, buy and/or sell books (available in Stores for iOS & Android). In just the first day of launch, BookBack cracked the top 100 charts for free apps under the “Books” category and has been featured in several media publications like CheddarU, Toronto Guardian, The961, and leCommerce.
• Founder & Host at Let’s Grab Coffee – a podcast that aims to interview successful individuals in different industries (82 episodes and counting).
• Blogger at georgekhalife.com (ranked as one of the top Lebanese blogs to follow as per The961.com) and published author on LinkedIn.
• Community Builder – work with youth influencers to create & co-host events that advocate for and promote innovation, technology, and entrepreneurship.
• Speaker – spoken at Telfer School of Management (sales workshop), Shopify (ImpactX), League of Innovators, University of Toronto (entrepreneurial workshop), and was the Keynote Speaker at IEEE’s Annual Canadian Student Congress.
My personal story is quite unique, long, and sometimes confusing to people.
I was born in Lebanon, grew up in Saudi Arabia (10 years), immigrated to Canada, went back to Lebanon for 2 years attending a private school (Choueifat), graduated highschool in Bahrain (attending the same school), moved back to Ottawa for university (Telfer), moved to Toronto for work (spent 4 years there), and just moved to Chicago for work.
I know…crazy right? At least, I gave you a heads up.
I’m really passionate about travelling and undertaking crazy adventures. Some of the cool highlights I’ve been fortunate to experience:
- Snorkling with humpback whales in St. Johns, Newfoundland
- Skydiving over the Palms in Dubai
- Walking on glaciers in Alaska (solo-travel)
- Riding horses next to the Pyramids in Egypt
- Sleeping in a traditional house (or Minka) in Japan